The Economic Development Planning Council, composed of leaders from a diversity of backgrounds and regions in Massachusetts, is holding a series of Regional Engagement Sessions across the Commonwealth this spring. Stakeholders and members of the public are welcome to partake in discussions that will inform the substance of the eventual Economic Development Plan.
See list of Council members here.
Here are the confirmed locations and dates of these sessions:
- May 19, 2023: Pioneer Valley Regional Session at Springfield College, Springfield, 2 – 4 p.m.
- May 22, 2023: Central Massachusetts Regional Session at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- May 25, 2023: Southeast Regional Session at Bridgewater State University, Bridgewater, 9 – 11 a.m.
- June 5, 2023: North Shore Community College – Lynn Campus 300 Broad Street, Lynn, MA, 01901, 1 p.m.
- June 12, 2023: Greater Boston Regional Session at Roxbury Community College, Boston, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- June 13, 2023: Merrimack Valley Regional Session at Northern Essex Community College, Haverhill, Noon – 2 p.m.
- June 20, 2023: Cape Cod Regional Session at Chatham Community Center, Chatham, 1 – 3 p.m.
Sessions in MetroWest and Berkshires regions will be announced at a later date.
According to Section 16G of Chapter 6A of the Massachusetts General Laws, a new economic development plan must be formulated and signed by the governor within the first year of a new administration. The plan sets long term goals and measurable benchmarks and defines major economic development initiatives and programs. Once the plan is complete, the council will submit it to the Legislature and the Joint Committee on Economic Development and Emerging Technologies and hold a public hearing prior to final approval by the governor. The final, approved plan will be published in writing and online by December 31, 2023.
For more information, visit the Executive Office of Housing & Economic Development.