Today, Massachusetts Department of Public Health released December Holiday Guidance to advise residents on how to limit the risk of exposure to COVID-19 during holiday activities.
This year, the Commonwealth is asking residents to:
- Limit in-person celebrations to household members only
- Postpone or cancel travel this holiday season. If you do choose to travel, be aware of and comply with Massachusetts travel order requirements.
- Follow the current state gathering size limits and sector-specific workplace safety standards.
The DPH guidance also provides tips for engaging in lower-risk celebrations and traditions this holiday season, while discouraging high risk activities.
Higher-Risk Celebrations and Activities
- Any time you gather with others outside of your household, you increase the risk of contracting or spreading illness. All residents are discouraged from gathering. Gatherings in Massachusetts are subject to gathering size limits.
- You are risking your health and others health if you host or participate in any in-person festivities if you or anyone in your household:
- has been diagnosed with COVID-19 and has not completed the isolation period;
- has symptoms of COVID-19;
- is waiting for COVID-19 viral test results;
- may have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 10 days; or
- is at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19, such as older adults or those with certain medical conditions.
For the full guidance, visit mass.gov/holidays.